Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autumn Splendore and New Chalk Paint Projects


The air is crisp, the leaves are changing, the sun is setting a bit sooner, and amongst all of the green fields....there is a sea of orange!  My family took the very first opportunity we had visit our local pumpkin patch already.  I think we headed out on October 1st actually.  We I couldn't stand to wait I guess :)


After donning my house with all of the Autumn decor and putting my pumpkins out on display on the front porch, I got to work with my partner in crime.  Jill and I have worked our tails off this week!  The furniture we've featured here recently have gone to new homes, so we've been searching, shopping, painting, sanding and waxing up a storm to fill those holes in our space at Faded Elegance. 

Oh, and on a side note, I've been inspired by Jill who has been working out almost every evening for months now.  Go Jill!  So, my dear friend, Annie, has taken me on as her 'pet project'.  She is my trainer.  She is 22.  She is a mini Jillian from Biggest Loser.  Need I say more?

Anyway, here are some pieces currently available from With A Twist...

This waterfall-style dresser was once a run-of-the-mill brown piece.  Jill took ASCP - Country Grey and gave it a fresh look.  It turned out beautifully.

Jill also chose new hardware to complete the new look.

This old chair had seen better days.
 

A fresh coat of ASCP French Linen did wonders!

Although we love the authenticity of this turn-of the-century table, it was getting little attention in our spot since it was so dark. 

A little ASCP in Country Grey and some light sanding softened and lightened it up a bit.

When I was done here, I took this inside and put it in my living room...dumb.  It looked perfect!  I know someone will give it a good home and enjoy it...but, boy this one was hard to let go!

I bought this from a friend of mine...forgot to take before pics, but imagine all brown...lots of brown!

ASCP Old White for this pretty lady.

Going in next week.  We'll see how she does.

Our garages are full of pieces awaiting their transformation, so I'd better get on with my day.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Cheree and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment