Thursday, February 9, 2012

Making A Difference

Happy Thursday to everyone!  I love Thursdays!  I always feel brighter and a bit happier knowing the weekend is almost here.  I was a painting fool last weekend and I plan on a much more balanced weekend coming up!  Here's just a bit of went into Faded this week...

This nine drawer dresser could be used as a buffet as well.  It's in good shape and in my space at Faded Elegance.  I don't usually name my projects, but because of its pattern of distressing, this one I named, "Mama Cow".  Did I just get put into the "weird" category?  Lol :)


This two-toned dresser is pretty basic, but I love the ASCP Country Grey and my ASCP mix of Paris Gray, Old White and Provence.  If I had more time, I would have changed out the hardware, but I was lazy decided to keep with the traditional/original look!


This little nightstand with cubby is a name brand piece (if I remember right it was Drexel on the inside drawer).  Solid little cutie in Cocoa (cubby) and Old White.


This baby was a mess when I got it,  but after a couple of coats of ASCP French Linen, it's as good as new.  If space is an issue for you, this would make a nice coffee table; otherwise it's a nice side table.



This old Pennsylvania Dutch style table was in horrible shape and since I have mostly been painting in pastels and neutrals lately, I decided on ASCP Old Olive.  My husband lovingly calls this table the 'green tamale'.  Maybe I get my weirdness from him (he named this before I named "Mama Cow")!



This weekend is the city-wide antique sale, hence my space is overflowing with new picks.  The store is looking so great and every one of the talented vendors are geared up to make you drool!  We're talkin bring a TRUCK because you won't go home with your arms empty!



You can barely see it, but don't you just LOVE the Valentine's Day cups from Starbucks?  It's the little things that make me smile :)


My mom and I took a trip down to Edmonds today to pick up some Valentine's treats at Namas Candy Store.  It's a darling little shop and we love any excuse to head down to see what's new.  After picking out some goodies, we stumbled upon an awesome boutique that supports a great cause.  Here's a bit about it...

We're a registered 501(c)3 charitable foundation and Fair Trade Retail Store. Edmonds Washington resident, Carol Schillios, created the foundation in 2002. In response to the poverty she encountered working in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe with credit cooperatives. Carol and her Malian colleague Kaaba Soumare, established the Hèrè jè Training Center to help young women go from begging to self sufficient in 18 months.





I love this African dress!  It would be perfect with a pair of sandals and black leggings.




These instruments were super cool too!




I have an obsession with jewelry, and because I'm on a water budget  chose to use self discipline on this shopping trip (really, I did), I will just have to save up for one of these amazing rings!  They were so cool!




I did, however, choose to come home with this adorable handmade jute bag.  It was made by artisans in West Bengal, India. This group works with over 500 artisans living under the poverty line, most of whom are women.


I love my new bag and it feels good to do what I can to make a difference.  Every little bit helps and I hope you can go down and visit The Fair Trade Boutique, as well as Nama's Candy Store in Edmonds.  Oh!  And don't forget the city-wide antique sale in Downtown Historic Snohomish this weekend!  Faded Elegance will become your new favorite destination!

Hugs,

Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment