Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Craving Color

I'm finding that when I select furniture and paint, I go through stages.  It coincides with the seasons, which I guess makes sense.  For instance, we're in the last (hopefully) weeks of Winter and all season I have been painting large hutches, the majority of which have been painted gray!  Big, heavy hutches are a lot of work and like the cold, wet Winter weather...requires a girl to take a break!  I am craving something a bit lighter and brighter!  I am craving color!

Last week I picked up more than a few side tables, dressers and other 'smalls' and as I was loading them into the truck, I kept picturing them in light blues, turquoises and teals.  All I could think of was, 'Wouldn't this look great in a little boy's room"!  Let me remind you that my 'baby' boy will be turning 13-years-old in a couple of months, so its weird that I was so focused on furnishing a baby boy's nursery!  Maybe its because I knew I was going to spend the weekend visiting my darling nephew...I mean, can you just eat him up or what?



This little bug greeted us bright an early each morning.  There was no sleepin in over mid-Winter break!  Thank goodness he is so cute!


I went with my gut and brought a new color to my pallet.  I was in such a hurry, there are no before pics, sorry!

 Tah-dah!  I am lovin this blue!



Faded Elegance  is lookin good these days!  You will want to stop in often because inventory is constantly changing.  There are some amazing vendors there and the owner, Kimberly has new merchandise coming in as well.  






You will L-O-V-E it!


It's a wee bit cozy, don't ya think?


My craving for color has subsided for now, but I'm a girl that will obsess about it until I have one of each in every color!  That being said, I'd better get back to work!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to stop in and read up on With A Twist's goings-on.

Have a terrific week!

Hugs,

Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment