Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Takin' It Downtown to Historic Snohomish

Hello Everyone!  I wish I could throw a big party and invite you all over to celebrate our BIG NEWS! With A Twist has a moved into our very own space in the ever-so-darling Faded Elegance in Historic Snohomish!  How fabulous is that?  We are honored to be welcomed by proprietor, Kimberly Mcilrath, and humbled to be amongst such amazing talent!  Jill and I have dreamed of this day and it feels so exhilarating to take this leap!  Because all of you have supported us since the very beginning, I wanted you to experience this special day right along with us.  Here is how it looked through the lens...


We live just a short distance from downtown Snohomish, and although I wouldn't recommend taking photos while driving (seriously, don't do it~), I didn't want you to miss this beautiful view. How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful part of Washington state?



This is the view just across the street from With A Twist's new home.




If you haven't visited downtown Snohomish in all its historic charm, it is worth doing so.  There lots of restaurants to choose from, great shopping and you can end your visit with a stroll along the Snohomish River.  And, of course, when in town, you must come visit us at Faded Elegance.








Are you drooling yet?  It gets better people...next weekend Faded Elegance is celebrating  it's 11th-Year-Anniversary!  Details here.



Between setting up our little space, I managed to snap a few quick sneak peeks.

A waterfall vanity, upcycled chalkboards and clipboards made from fence wood, vintage spindle candlesticks and much more!  Since we handpick each item, we know the back story on all these wonderful items.  Each piece has history, old secrets and stories. With A Twist  is "Art With A Past".












Jill brought out the power tools and began filling up the back wall.

My dear friend Susan was a huge help today.  Here she is tediously tying on  price tags.  She also has a great talent for hanging chandeliers :)
Thanks a million Susan!


What a day!  I can't speak for Jill, but I cannot stop thinking of other items I want to bring in to fill up our space. It isn't near perfect, but I think we have some unique pieces that will be fun for customers to browse, shop and hopefully take home for decorating in their own spaces.  

As I look back to where we were two years ago, I am proud of how far we've come.  I am grateful for the trials and successes along the way.  We are still penny-pinching bargain hunters who find beauty in scuffed, and bumped, rusted old junk.  We are still BFF's dreaming of someday earning...

Our first $100.000....lol.  We've got a long way to go baby!


But, for now we will continue to juggle this little thing called life, stopping to rest every once and a while to enjoy the beauty in all things vintage.



Hope to see you very soon!

Hugs,

Cheree and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment