Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wrapping Up The School Year


It's always mixed emotions for me as we say good-bye
 
to another school year and wrap up with the season's
 
end-of-year events.
 
I don't want to see my kids grow up too fast...
 
But, I sometimes find myself wishing away these crazy, hectic,
 
sometimes-over-scheduled calendar days.
 
As I was looking through pics uploaded from this past month,
 
I realize this is what it's all about. 
 
 
  

Three years with the best band teacher ever...Mr. Boal!
 
Tradition...ice cream after every concert!
  
Last Middle School Band Concert! It's hard to believe these
boys are headed up to high school in the Fall!
 
 
It wouldn't be our boys if there wasn't some monkey business.
 

 
 
My son, Keiton, and his best buddy Griffin :)
 
 
My daughter, Chanelle, and her friends at an end-of-year laser tag event for
Mill Creek Youth Advisory Board.
 
 
 
And I can't forget the countless hours sitting in the bleachers
watching baseball. This field down in Snohomish is my favorite...
especially on a beautiful sunny day.
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
HS Tradition: Juniors make t-shirts and wear them the day after
current seniors leave. So cute to see what they all come up with.

Senior "Band" Babes
 
"Banderson"
"CoCo Chanelle"
"Catie The Leading Lady"
 


Chanelle and her best friend Kristin. This summer
they are travelling back to Chicago together to visit
family. I can't think of a more perfect way to kick off summer
heading into their Senior year!
   
 
 And it doesn't stop there...
 
-Last High School Band Concert
-3rd Baseball game in the TOC
-8th Grade Bridging Ceremony
-8th Grade Dance
-Band Performance at High School Graduation
-Last regular season game
-End of season barbeque/party
-Last Day of School
-Send off to Chicago for Chanelle
-Send off to D.C. and New York for Keiton
 
 
 
How's that for wrapping up the school year?
 
So grateful for all of the wonderful staff, teachers, volunteers, coaches,
 
friends and family who have helped make this a memorable year.
 
Here's to many blessings and fun memories!
 
Cheers!
 
Cheree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment