Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Maison Blanche - La Craie

Just a quick post while I'm wrapped up

in my electric blanket on this frigid night in the Northwest.

Source


I have been getting ready for an upcoming event at the antique mall, 


where I have my dealer space.

My once semi-organized, marginally clean 

garage is quickly filling up with antique furniture and

accessories.

(I'm not complaining, I promise!)


As most of you can probably guess from my posts, 

I love painted furniture!  I have tried quite a few

different paint brands out there.

Recently, I've tried out the paint that Faded Elegance now carries:

Maison Blanche La Craie.


Here are my thoughts...


Loving the wax!

It is hands down the best out there.  A little goes 

a long way.

The paint is unique in that it will take longer 

to dry, allowing you to 'play' with it a bit once it is on your item you are painting.

This is helpful when dealing with antiques and pieces that need

a little more TLC.

Another difference with the paint is that it dries harder, 

which is an obvious benefit.   When you are taking 

the time to paint a piece of furniture, you also want it to be 

functional and able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use.

After the paint dries completely, it is difficult to

'scratch', even before the wax has been applied.

Here's a before pic of a solid maple antique dresser I picked up.





Lovin' the new look...









Here's to another great tool out on the market to help us

breathe new life into old pieces that might

otherwise be forgotten.

Cheers to 

Maison Blanche La Craie

available at

Faded Elegance!

Have a great week!

Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment