Thursday, June 28, 2012

Burnishing Technique and New Projects

I've been playing around with a new technique for transferring images onto wood.

I wanted something that would be simple and cheap, but that also

delivered good results.

I purchased a burnishing tool from Michael's for $16.00,

and used my 40% off coupon.

So far so good!

Here are a two samples I did...

Blue foot stool-
Yes, it's off centered (rookie error!). I used a Sharpie Paint Pen
over the burnished image, but decided about half way through that
I didn't like the crisp look.  Therefore, I sanded down and
started over.


This is more of the look I was hoping to
acheive and was able to do on the second piece. 
I wanted it to look aged and weathered.



I will be bringing both pieces into Faded tomorrow.




My kids are FINALLY out of school...

It is officially 

SUMMER!

I spent the better part of their last day

doing a custom paint job.

Thank goodness it was SUNNY!!!

I invited a good friend over who also had some

painting projects of her own and we cranked

the tunes and got to work.

A nice lunch on the patio about 2:00pm, followed by another

good friend joinging us, which

turned into opening a bottle (or two) of wine...

and our painting party was in full swing!

Really, it was a good excuse to celebrate

the end of the schoolyear!


This antique dresser/sideboard was already primered for me, which was not what I usually do since I use ASCP, but its a project that the owner's husband had started and then she had me take over.

The doors were not primered as you can see.



A light sanding and waxing after a coat of Old White.




How cool is the hardware?





Ta-dah!






Here's looking to more days like these!

I hope your summer is in full swing!

Cheers!

Cheree







No comments:

Post a Comment