Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Accent Pieces to Fix Those Winter Blues

Lots of us are left with bare walls and  'Winter Blues' after taking down the holiday decorations.  While the idea of starting off the year with a minimal amount of accessories might sound pleasing, often the result is described as 'naked' and 'blah'!  Sound familiar?  Adding accent tables, artwork, topiaries, table runners and throw pillows around your home will warm up those interiors and you'll love snuggling up in your 'new' space. 

I've been working on big pieces and little pieces of furniture this week and all are down at Faded already.  Here's how it all came about...



Let's begin with the piece in the center of the photo, a telephone table.


Made in Armenia, this antique is my favorite piece to date.  I chose ASCP Paris Grey for the middle of the doors and ASCP Country Grey for the rest.  Distressing this piece brought out its charm.  Hard to give up I tell ya!


Perfect little space for storage inside.



Isn't it sweet?


The chair I found at one of my favorite haunts...no details to distress, so I left it smooth with a protective wax finish.  This is done in ASCP Cocoa.

Get organized with this old magazine wrack, painted in ASCP Country Grey.



Lots of loot for you to hunt through!



Come visit and see if there is anything that catches your eye!  There are many pieces that I have held onto for awhile and they are now marked down!  Who doesn't love a good deal?



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a terrific week!

Hugs,

Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment