Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Nod To Storage Wars and Picker Sisters

Today I was reminded that a lot of what Jill and I do resembles what is featured on current television shows.  In fact, this afternoon as we drove through the city to meet up with one of our contacts, I was thinking of the television series, Storage Wars.



Being a fairly new fan to this series, I had a Storage Wars Marathon this weekend to get caught up on what I had been missing.  To my pleasant surprise, my son and husband are now fans too!  If you can look beyond the occasional 'bleep', it's entertaining to say the least.

When Jill and I arrived at our spot today to check out new treasures, we got out our vans and heard, "Hey!  It's the Picker Sisters!".  We laughed and thought, "Wow!  Now there's a stretch!"  But, we thanked him nonetheless!   If you are not familiar with the Picker Sisters, he was making reference to this series here.  Love them!

P.S.  We have two of "him" (i.e.  our handyman husbands, Keith and Kevin)...they are easy on the eyes too :)


While, we are certainly FAR from the fame and fortune that these shows depict, we can relate on a small scale and appreciate the spotlight they bring to an industry that we adore!

So, here are just a few pictures showing a glimpse of our "Picker Sisters-style day"...

Visiting our "contact".  This was fairly late into our day, after cleaning up our spot at Faded Elegance and shopping for supplies at the local craft store.  Wish I could camp out and see what's inside all of these!  I'm so nosy!

A possible prospect...just has a tricky drawer.

Jill saying something like, "Hey don't take a picture with me in it!"  Sorry, you look too cute to pass up!

This is what we came home with today.  Doesn't look like much now, but to us...we think she's a beauty!

Although we might not be quite ready to leap onto the television screen, we sure do enjoy all of our wonderful Blog followers and Facebook fans who support us every step of the way!  Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Cheree and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment