Thursday, December 29, 2011

Show-N-Tell, More Projects and Farewell

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  I am admiring my tree and other decorations for one more week before I take it all down.  (Yes, I'm that girl...keeping it up awhile longer :)


Show-N-Tell

I started working on this project for my dad's birthday back in August.  Things got busy, and he received it at Christmas instead!  Made from a cupboard door from the home he built in 1989, I upcycled it (after the fire in 2000) into a backdrop for a picture of him. My mom took the picture while the house was in it's beginning stages.  It meant a lot to me to be able to make something from the original house.  Something he can hold onto forever in remembrance of what he built for our family.

Originally I painted it ASCP Old White, then did a second coat in ASCP Cocoa.

Added this token at the top.


Not the best shot of this, but you get the gist.


More Projects

I also finished the antique dresser this week.  Just as soon as the hutch at Faded Elegance gets picked up (yeah, it sold!), I will be bringing it in.

Painted in ASCP Provence.  Love!

And, these well-loved beauties are going in as well.  They had severe water damage on the tops, so I did a little patch work and painted them in ASCP Provence and then a coat of ASCP Dark Wax.  I was surprised that it was almost an exact match from the original.



In preparing for changing up the space at FE, I began working on this mother of a hutch and sideboard!  It is huge!  Lots of love is going into this. I will post after pics when I'm finished, but here is what they started off looking like.



Going with ASCP Old White.  I need to brighten up my space!


Farewell

You may have noticed that the more recent posts have been written by me and you haven't heard from Jill for awhile.  Jill is a very busy girl and has decided to focus her energy on her other business, Easy Errands.  I know she will continue to be a success with her work there.  While, we had a blast together growing this business into what it is today, I am going to be on my own now and am very excited to begin the New Year! 


Thank you so much for following the goings-on of With A Twist!  I have enjoyed a fabulous year and I look forward to sharing 2012 with you!

Happy New Year!

Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment